Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I make these scars go away faster?

I have a ton of cuts on my right leg and one on my left forearm from months ago. I really need them gone fast, I don%26#039;t have mederma or anything that I know of. The one on my forearm is over 2 months old, and it%26#039;s extremely visible. For all of the scars, there%26#039;s no bump or scab or a raise or anything, you can just see the lines. Is there something I can do to make them go away? They have to be invisible.|||Unfortunatley, scars don%26#039;t simply disappear. Once they%26#039;re there, you can%26#039;t get rid of them entirely. If there was a product on the market that could do that, we would be using the hell out of it. The fact that the scars are several months old prevents most of the products on the market from having much benefit. If they were early scars, silicone sheeting or simply paper medical adhesive tape helps to significantly reduce the scars. If all you see are thin, white lines, that is probably the best result you%26#039;re going to get.





If you want to try a product, the best one on the market is product called scarfade. We prescribe it to our pediatric patients who undergo cleft lip repairs. It will reduce scars to some degree, but won%26#039;t make them disappear entirely. It works better than Mederma, which hasn%26#039;t shown much objective scar improvement in the studies I%26#039;ve read.





If they have to be invisible, the best approach would be to find a makeup to cover them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment