Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best product for reducing scars during healing?

My wife had a tummy tuck and breast lift three weeks ago. The doctor (in Colombia) has been using laser treatment to reduce scarring. Now that she is coming back home are there any good products for reducing cosmetic surgery scars? I just saw an ad on TV for Mederma. Has anyone used that or some other product? Were they useful?|||Yes, I have used this product. I have had some scars on my wrists and it took it right away. You have to rub it in real good until it is almost dry. I talked to the pharmacist and we compared the Mederma to the Walgreen%26#039;s brand and it seems the essential part of the whole cure is the %26quot;onion bulb oil%26quot; or something like that-onion something... look on the package.





I got Mederma at first and then switched to the generic to save money. worked the same.





Just make sure it is applied all the time. Several times a day and before bed.|||neosporin has a scar formula now..im sure its good, also an old trick is to use a hemoriod cream like prep-h...|||Mederma is great to reduce scarring, and YES it works very well! My sister%26#039;s fiance came back from the Marines last fall from Iraq after being injured by a roadside bomb. He was left with major injuries to his right arm and hand... he nearly lost it. He%26#039;s been using Mederma about 2-3 times a day ever since he got back... the healing has been tremendous and the scarring very minimal! I would definitely recommend that your wife use this product.|||Hello..I fully understand her situation and I passed through something similar a couple months ago. Personally,I tried some too advertised scar reducing/removing creams/gels..Well,after consulting with my plastic surgeon I finally got the best remedy,it%26#039;s called Zeraderm ultra scar gel,which contains special sylicons,SPF 15,Vitamins, coenzyme Q10..It workd perfect and I allow myself to recommend it to your wife!! Best of luck!!|||i like vitiamn e|||What the hell are you doing have that done in Colombia?!!?


I hope her breast don%26#039;t turn black and fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment