Friday, January 8, 2010

What would you think if you saw scars from self inflicted cuts on someone?

Would you be scared of that person? Would you ask them about it? I have some scars on my arms from a bad time in my life a few years ago. It%26#039;s really obvious what they%26#039;re from. Usually I wear long sleeves, but when I don%26#039;t I am so self conscious and feel like everyone is staring at them. Please be honest, it won%26#039;t hurt my feelings. I just wanna know.|||I wouldn%26#039;t ask about it, no. But I would be curious. However, that was in your past and its your business not the rest of the worlds. They don%26#039;t give the best first impression but in my personal opinion is showed that that person is strong for getting over something terrible in their life and only leaving with a couple scars.


I bet they aren%26#039;t as obvious as you may think they are :)|||I wouldn%26#039;t be scared of that person i would be scared FOR that person. I would never ask them about it unless it was from like a shark attack or something like that. When i see people who%26#039;s arms are all cut up, i mistakenly misjudge that person as being self-righteous and just wanting attention. However, thats just where I%26#039;m from (small town in new mexico) where just about everyone wants attention so they do really dumb things I%26#039;m just sick of and they don%26#039;t seem to care about themselves or others; thats what gets me. But if you truly changed i would wear those scars as a badge of courage to say, %26quot;Look what I overcame!!%26quot; and be proud of what I can accomplish.|||i have some and there%26#039;s a few on my wrist, which i just wear a ribbon round - bracelet or anything would work if you%26#039;ve anything like this. Then I only have one other obvious one on my arm and no one has said anything if they have noticed. I think people who notice generally want to ignore it and the ones who say something will probably be nice about it because they%26#039;re interested, maybe because they%26#039;ve done it.


If you act as you normally would with long sleeves no one will notice anything different. (:|||I have several of those scars, myself. I%26#039;ve been %26quot;clean%26quot; for almost four years now, but the scars remain. I am not ashamed of wearing sleeveless tops or shorts anymore because where my scars came from is nobody%26#039;s business. My family and my husband knows, but we don%26#039;t really discuss it anymore because that%26#039;s in my past. Your scars probably are not as obvious to the rest of the world, nor as identifiable as self-inflicted, as you believe they are.





It%26#039;s normal to feel self-conscious about them, but if that%26#039;s in your past then you have reclaimed the right to wear what you want to wear without shame.|||A girl I knew from a few years back was a cutter. I think she was almost proud of it because she would flaunt and show off her scars. She had many of them on her wrists and going up her arms.





I was honestly, not so much SCARED of her as I was just afraid to be around her in general. Not because I thought she was a bad person, or that she%26#039;d hurt ME but I just feel sad, and bad for people who are that angry in their minds and that sad about the world that they feel the need to harm their own bodies.





I didn%26#039;t want to be around her and have her feel the vibes I was giving off of me feeling pity for her. I didn%26#039;t want her feeling I was only being her friend out of pity or something. I don%26#039;t know, I guess I%26#039;m weird.|||I too have a few off these scars, and as of July I am 4 months %26quot;clean%26quot;.


I feel the same way you do that ppl are always looking at them and judgeing me.


And from my expierences most ppl feel sorry for you when they see those scars and yes some are alittle more cautious around you. I was told one time by a %26quot;friend%26quot; that anybody body who can hurt them selves purposely is probably and danger to themselves and maybe others and that self harm is the sign of an unstable mind.


I was even asked at a driving test by the driving instructor, (obviously my exposed arms were on display holding the wheel), if I was in a cult.


Most likely tho I think ppl think you%26#039;re strong and brave for making through that and out the other side with only your scars.|||why would anyone be scared of a person with some scars on their arm?


i mean, i used to cut pretty badly and everything and now ive gotten better to the point that i only do it every now and then. i mean, its a bit different i guess cause mine are on my ribs instead of my arms, but when people find out, theyre never scared of me. mostly because theres no reason for them to be scared of me, you know?|||i think if i saw those scars, i wouldn%26#039;t judge the person. But i would be cautious around them. I would be kind of worried about that person, expecially if i knew that person.|||Well I would be a little freaked out.


I would never ask anyone about it unless I was really good friends with them.


Scars like that don%26#039;t give a good first impression.|||How would they know they were %26quot;Self inflicted%26quot;? They may just think you got back from Detroit.

No comments:

Post a Comment