Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can scars be prevented by applying cocoa butter- how long will it take to heal if I do?

I just pulled a scab and wondering if cocoa butter would help. Also how long will it take?|||I have a surgical scar on the back of my arm that runs from my elbow to my shoulder. I use Palmer%26#039;s Cocoa Butter Cream. It comes in a little tub and you can get it from Wal-Mart or any pharmacy and it%26#039;s very inexpensive.





I tried to use Vitamin E in a capsule but it really irritated my skin. I found that the cocoa butter worked great but didn%26#039;t bother my skin.





I rub my scar in the morning after my shower and at night before I go to bed with the Palmer%26#039;s. It hasn%26#039;t taken the scar away but it has made it less noticeable. It used be be red but the Palmer%26#039;s has really made a difference in the color and texture. It is now a pinky-skin tone color and it is flush with the rest of my skin where it was raised.





I don%26#039;t think cocoa butter will prevent the scar entirely but it will help reduce the appearance of it. I highly recommend the Palmer%26#039;s cream.|||More than likely it will help. My girlfriend used Cocoa Butter on her stretch marks after she had a kid. It reduced them immensly.





It took her about 2 years, however. So if it is a small scar, I wouldn%26#039;t worry about it!|||I know cocoa butter helps heal stretch marks...so....yeah, I%26#039;d think it would!


Good Luck! Hope those nasty scars go away!|||well i don%26#039;t know about cocoa butter but i do know that %26quot;bio oil%26quot; can help scars or stretch marks and sometimes scars can scar you for life i have one on my back and i have had it for a year now and it is still like it when i scared it so it may not go|||You should use Vitamin E also.Make a tiny hole in the capsule and apply it directly to the scar.This prevents the scar from healing with that bump that most scars have and it leaves the area smooth.I apply it three times daily after I shower.It really works.





Cocoa butter works as well but it works as a tanner when you go out in the sun.Try the vitamin E for now then use the cocoa butter.





Hope his helps and enjoy your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment