Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What happens to abdominal scars during pregnancy?

I have a scar that is about 9cm in length and 1cm wide on the right hand side of my abdomen from an operation to remover a burst appendix. I then got a secondary infection hence the larger than normal size of the scar.





I awlays wondered waht would happen to it if I was to get pregnant? Is there a possibility it could split?|||No, your scar will likely just stretch. I have a scar right above my navel, that has now stretched from being about 4cm long (horizontal), to now likely 7-8cm long (I%26#039;m 29 weeks). You might find that it would get itchy as it stretches, so just keep things well moisturized.|||No I don%26#039;t think so. I have several small scars all over my belly from a gall bladder operation and I have had 4 c-sections with vertical scars. Never had a problem. Don%26#039;t worry.|||no your scar will not split...it would proberly stretch but it won%26#039;t split|||I have a scar on my belly button from two different abdominal surgeries. The previous stretching comment is true for me. As my belly button starts to pop outward, the scar is more noticable and elongating. It%26#039;s not nearly as bad or as ugly as I thought it would be. It simply looks like a thicker line instead of being thin.|||No, thats why women are able to have more than one pregnancy after a c-section, your safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment